Thursday, April 22, 2010

...The Ever Classic Urn...







For the last couple of years, I have been obsessed with urns... I love their shape and how beautiful they look with flowers overflowing their rims... I think I first noticed how striking they were when watching "The Patriot" (one of my favorite movies)... The homes were beautiful in this movie . I would move into any of them tomorrow if given the chance! The landscaping was equally beautiful and of course there were a few lovely urns perfectly placed among box woods in a couple of the scenes...Every time I watch the movie, I look for the urns!! They are definitely a classic piece of art and they dress up whatever area they are found...in my humble opinion...
***
After a trip to the garden center yesterday in the pouring rain...I postponed my planting until today... I was lucky enough to find a few of my favorite herbs...lavender, rosemary and thyme...They are so fragrant and primitive...Love 'Em!! I spent the morning planting them and arranging my clay pots and urns. I have a few urns now and have my sights set upon another for Mothers Day...just (im)patiently waiting!! I had forgotten how nice it was to get outside and get the hands dirty once in awhile... it clears the mind... The birds were chirping, the sun was shining and the humidity was low so it was a perfectly comfortable day here in NC...
I hope you had a great day too!
Take Care,
Tina

No comments: