Monday, May 12, 2008

Cool and Brisk Morn...

What a difference a day and a storm can make. We have been near the end of several storm systems and we were very lucky to be east of the latest ones. Yesterday we watched the weather channel "off and on" the whole day to see where that system was headed. What looked like a wash out day was only heavy morning rain and no big storms...thank goodness! The air has changed from humid to nice and cool which is a big improvement. I got a beautiful flower urn for Mother's Day and some wonderful geraniums(my favorite) .The weather cooperated and I got them planted yesterday. I love 'em...they look great... I remember when I was younger, I always had this romantic dream of getting diamond jewelry for Mother's Day or some extravagant dinner and jewelry. Now, a simple(modern day plastic) urn and some geraniums are like those diamonds to me. I'm glad I have gained some wisdom along with my age because I realize that simple things bring as much or more joy to life. I love to walk past my front window and look at the beautiful lines of the urn and the flowers inside. This gift is simple but the beauty of it keeps giving... I love my kids and my husband ten times more because of our many years together ...with all the ups and downs along the way we grew together instead of apart...Love grows and things change but we always have each other and that's the true important thing in life...This wise old owl is growing more sentimental with time...
Take Care,
Tina

No comments: