Friday, August 14, 2020

~Turtle Spirits~

 Have I ever told you how much I love turtles? It all started many years 
ago when we discovered our first "yard turtle" casually walking
through the backyard...Turtles are often thought of as slow but actually they
are very fast as they can easily escape when you have to run inside and grab a camera!
 We live in a wooded area and also see  raccoons, opossums, foxes
and deer and  we leave fruit and vegetable scraps  for them to eat and 
try to keep them well  fed. All creatures are welcome here...I often worry about the way that housing
developments just keep popping up and taking their habitats.
 Turtles are symbols of perseverance,  patience and
grounding  & they only travel within a mile radius from their (our) home...
More interesting reasons to like them, these are very noble aspirations.

 Last year I hooked my first primitive turtle rug and  (I am definitely  falling more deeply into my 
turtle obsession...)
I have hooked  another that  will be listed on my website soon...I have turtle
jewelry  that I always wear and turtle figures on my tables and walls ...turtles are now a part of my daily life... This all started on a fateful day long ago when a little (wild) turtle walked 
through my yard and into my heart...
Inspiration is often sparked by little things and  you never know where your muse will lead you...
just follow your heart and create!
Oh, don't even get me started on our "yard squirrels" ! 
~T~

3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww....How sweet is that. I have always liked turtles as well (not to the extent you do....that obsession I reserve for frogs and toads LOL)... I have always been distressed when anyone speaks of bringing a turtle "home" and then turning it loose because, as you said, they never go beyond their small home radius and those that are moved wander aimlessly "lost" for the rest of their life. :-( Love your turtle rug and can't wait to see your new one! ~Robin~

The Burlap Owl said...

I truly think we are kindred spirits :0)

Nancy said...

I have one of your Turtle rugs, Tina, and I love it! I display it every Spring when they come out of hibernation. Gee, I wish you were still hooking rugs and making dolls...Much love, Nancy