Saturday, August 11, 2012

.....Almost Autumn .....

 The Fall bug has officially struck...It's in my bones now...All of those wonderful dreams of the season are possessing my waking thoughts...I want a pumpkin sooo bad...I check the magazine racks for the Fall issues...
 If I see orange on the cover of a magazine, I start getting giddy...only to find that I was mistaken...I even get excited in the dairy section, hoping that I will find pumpkin creamers for my coffee...I know, I have
 "Autumn-itis"  really bad ...
 I can't wait for Lowes to get their new stock of mums...I scan the garden section from the road when we drive by...It can't be much longer...right? I just want to plant a few splashes of orange and gold in my urns...
Finally, the bestest part of Fall for me is taking a trip back home to Virginia... The annual Notforgotten Farm show is right around the corner...I like to combine that with doing a little shopping in the Shenandoah Valley and most all of the primitive shops in the area... It's also where I find and buy most of my pumpkins ...
I just have to be patient I guess... Fall is just around the corner.
~Have a great weekend~
Take Care,
Tina

8 comments:

Pendleton Primitives said...

I'm excited to as well as the rest of blog land. I'll start my decorating mid September. And I love pumpkin coffee creamer! I need to find a home made recipie now that I think about it.
~Christina

TheCrankyCrow said...

You certainly are not alone there my friend. I chastise myself for wishing away summer, as our winters are so long and brutal - but there is something about fall that just makes me giddy..... Missed a few of your posts and did a bit of perusing this morning - that shot in your last post of Tabitha is PURRFECT!!! She looks like the poster Halloween kitty!! Love it!! And, oops - I missed a web update??? Boo hoo.....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

BumbleBeeLane said...

Fall is my favorite time as well.It's when I can finally get some relaxing time and really enjoy the things I love most.Oh and pumpkin everything color,food,real ones,spooky ones..smile..Daydreaming right along with you!~Amy

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Tina,

I am right there with you! can't stand it, can't wait... checking for magazines too...
what is it about fall, so my favorite time... I even pulled out a few prim pumpkins today.... OLM

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

wow, awesome blog header!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

I have it also~ autumn-itis, Yesterday it was cooler here in ohio started out chilly & only reached 70~ oh, it felt great~ I could feel, smell & see the autumn in the air~
It has been a long HOT summer & I am ready for a new season~the beauty of Fall~
smiles
Teresa

ctlogcabin said...

Tina ~~ Raising my Hand ...
Me Too, Me Too.
We were out in PA camping last week and I was getting whipash looking for any signs of a wee PumPkin.
There was a flash of orange, at one of the road side stand I was so Excitied ... then a lady stood up and I saw it was her shirt. LOL .... I can't Wait !!!
Blessings & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Roberta said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets giddy over the autumn magazines. I love them more than the Christmas issues, Roberta