Monday, December 13, 2010

... Old~Fashioned Holidays ...


It's been awhile since I have been able to sit down and write about anything important...or trivial...I have no idea which one this is but it's in one of those categories! In between sewing and tending to Early Work Mercantile, I have been trying to watch my seasonal favorites...
***
I loved the Hallmark special "An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving" back in 2008. It is beautiful!! It takes place in New Hampshire in the 1800's...They live in a beautiful and simple olde plain white clapboard home...it's decorated primitively...love it!! There's also the most beautiful chinked log cabin...I want to live there soooo much!! I'm drooling now ...but you get the picture?
This year they have a Christmas movie follow-up and it takes place in Europe...I love this one too!! I happen to know that they will both be airing back to back on the Hallmark channel on Saturday (12/18)...starting at 12 noon until 4 pm...I will be sitting there taking them in once again!! Please tune in if you get a chance...There, that's my movie review and recommendation for those out there who love these period pieces like I do!!
***
I have to add a disclaimer...if they don't air on this date...I am not responsible...my TV controller said they would be on then!!
Take Care,
Tina

2 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Tina ~~ I too loved both of these movies ... saw the Christmas one last Sat. night ... will tune in on the 18th to see them back to back.
Thanks for letting us know.
Blessings & Hugs ~ Connie xox

forever growing said...

I wish I had read this sooner, I would have asked you to tape them for me, and I would have paid you to ship them to me. We don't have the Hallmark channel here. Being from NH I would love to see them both. They are my type of movies. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.