Sunday, March 14, 2010

...Rug Hooking 101...


I really, really wanted to call this post "Hooking on Sunday"but manners and fine upbringing prevented me from doing so...So secretly I'll call it that!! Anyway, I dedicated my entire afternoon to trying to master hooking...rug hooking,that is...It's not very hard to learn in that getting the strips of wool through the burlap is not a chore. I have to say though I'm not too fond of the burlap and I'll probably get linen next time. I do need to practice my hooking design too because it looks a little sloppy this time...It's still very fun and very relaxing despite these little hang-ups of mine... Unfortunately, I'm starting to crave wool now like I crave fabric. There are so many pretty shades out there and so little time...oh no!!!
Take Care,
Tina

2 comments:

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

HI TINA..I AM STARTING MY "HOOKING" JOURNEY TOO.. HOOKING FRIENDS TELL ME TO RELAX AND NOT WORRY OVER EVERY LITTLE LOOP, AND SO I TRY TO WORRY LESS AND JUST ENJOY THE ADVENTURE.. I LOVE AND ADORE HOOKED RUGS AND WALL HANGINGS AND LIKE YOU, I TOO LOVE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL OVERDYED WOOLS THE COLORS ALONE MAKE ME LONG TO HAVE EVERY ONE IN EVERY COLOR..... OH GOODNESS ~~..THANK YOU FOR SHARING...B

Pure and Simple Woolens said...

I have hit the rug hooking hard in the last year. But I will say that I too crave wool and have begun storing my stash everywhere, It is almost like an addition.. So happy wool hunting! My next adventure in hooking is over dyeing the wool. I have also bought a used frazier wool cutter and can't wait to use it. It is in the mail right now!! I love rug hooking!1