Wednesday, August 12, 2009

... Writing Spiders....







We always called them writing spiders because it looks like they write on their webs. I remember my grandaddy telling me about the old wives tale he grew up with. The old folks always believed that it was a bad omen if they ever wrote your name in their web... Your time upon earth was short and your days were numbered... Of course, they can't spell ~ but they are so creepy you have to tiptoe by them anyway...
***
Late summer into early fall always brings these little creatures out. I hate to think of them quietly watching me from the bushes as I go down my sidewalk but I'm sure they do (note the paranoia)... I like it now that they are out in the open and above board so I can see them first!! They are very scary looking but harmless~ except for the induced heart attack I would surely have if one ever got on me!!
***
Despite their looks...I am always excited to see them. They even decorate the house and bushes for me around Halloween...I really appreciate that!
Take Care,
Tina



1 comment:

Thistlebrooms said...

Hey Tina...

I also remember all the 'Old Stories', funny we all survived our youth...
They do write well but they can stay behind the bushes for me!!!

My Best Always...Marilyn