Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's Cold Outside!


This is definitely a rude awakening! This is our second fall/winter here in NC. Last winter was very mild and people would jokingly tell us that they sometimes wore their shorts on Christmas day!

I had pretty much concluded from those stories that winter would be much like spring here and very comfortable...was I ever wrong! This week has been very chilly and the nighttime lows have been dipping near the freezing mark. I have been a little hesitant to turn the heat on because I love to push that transition time between seasons as far as I can...I do have to grudgingly admit that this morning...I temporarily turned the heat on. The family will be more than happy to wake up to a warm floor tomorrow morning!

One thing that hasn't escaped my notice this year is the beautiful foilage...being further south gives us a later peak in our season. Everything seems to be starting to change from shades of green to fiery orange...It's a beautiful time of the year!

November will be here this weekend...can you believe it?

Take Care,

Tina

No comments: