Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Late Bloomer

Well, as always, I'm one of the last holdouts in trying something new. This has happened so many times in my life, I have lost count!! I have seen so many internet friends open blogs. They have all set up nice little venues for their primitives and announcements. It all looked so easy as I sat there and watched people expand...here, there, and everywhere. It finally dawned on me one day that sitting and keeping track of everybody was getting me nowhere!!
Events sometimes force me to change my ways also. I started selling on Ebay
a couple of years ago when craft shows were starting to dwindle. I have had a couple years of learning and expanding and selling thanks to them. Now, as I'm sure you know, the list of new rules that will be enforced soon are very unfair
and defeating to many. I honestly think they are destroying themselves from within. Maybe corporate greed has finally hit Ebay. Anyway, I'm sure they will regret their decision this time next year when they don't see that windfall profit that the little man has been providing them up until now...oh,did I get sidetracked?! Anyway, preaching aside, I am opening up MY venues now!!

Ebay is no longer my chief source of sales. I'll fill you in on a few...just for future reference and as a good business practice! I am devoting more time to my website now...it used to hang in limbo. I also have a picturetrail I'm putting together...I'm also a member of a few online magazines...Buttermilk Creek Marketplace, Eclectic Artisans Webshow, Lemon Poppy Seeds and I have another I'm still considering. These are all to wean myself from Ebay so that by the time their draconian laws go into effect...it won't matter anymore!!

Thank you so much for reading to this point. I hope you will come back again and check on me soon...I'm right here in this little pocket of cyberspace...don't forget me or my new informative BLOG!!! Have a Great Day!

Tina

No comments: