Friday, November 2, 2018

~ November~

 I always feel glum this time of the year...it seems as if
the transition from Fall into Winter is not as appealing as the joyful 
journey into the vibrant oranges, rusts and golds of September
and October...
 The world outside has already begun this process...shedding it's vibrancy
to hunker down and endure the cold days ahead...
 Our kitty is beginning to look a little fluffier...her winter coat has already begun
to sprout...
 Plants that used to spill over their pots during the 
warm & humid, summer heat are beginning to shrink and
lessen in size...They know that the winter sun is not that 
strong...
We go through this process every year and nature helps us adapt
to the frigid temperatures ahead and the long, dark, winter nights by
showing us that beauty can be found in browns and grays for now ...because
the vibrant colors and the robust growth always  lies just ahead.
***
Although I don't look forward to this cold and dark season, I am thankful to 
also adapt to it's harshness because I know that new warmth & tranquility  starts  long before
Spring's arrival inside and outside ... Therefore, I take this time to snuggle with my fur babies
and warm my hands with my woolens  and a bottomless cup of hot tea. 
Enjoying the gift of life.

~ T ~

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I have come to love November. The browns are comforting to me, and remind me of childhood...