Monday, December 28, 2015

~ A Touch of Brrr... ~

  Now that Christmas has come and gone and decorations are starting to be taken down and 
stored away until next year...It's always nice to gravitate toward
those things that keep you grounded...Rug hooking has been that
grounding force for me this year...
I love the saturated colors of wool and the way one little
strip doesn't look like much ...but when joined with a few more 
little strips...a beautiful scene full of depth is created. There's
a quiet sense of warmth and comfort when sitting deep in thought as
you search for the right strip to add that spark to your rug... Time
truly flies...
***
As we head further into winter and the days grow cold and gray,
I'll be sitting with my hook and frame and a new mountain
of wool...lost in thought while I hook... bringing to life 
what I see in my minds eye...I am looking forward
to the comfort and joy it will bring. 
***
I am working on a new Etsy update...so please check back soon!
Take Care,
~T~

2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hooking is, indeed, a comforting art. I have been away from it too long with our remodel and other issues. I finally sorted through my piles of wool and hopefully have the wool properly sorted again by project, and picked up my hook again. It was like reconnecting with an old friend. Looking forward to getting my "rhythm" back this coming year. Hope your Christmas was filled with joy, and your new year is blessed with magic and miracles.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Alexandra said...

It's interesting work. I've never seen anything like this!