Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Crows Knows

Last night I watched the best show on PBS...It was called "Murder of Crows" and was on their Nature series...I already knew how sensitive crows are to noise...I have been trying for years to take a photo of them when I see them outside...The minute I have everything ready and take a step towards the door...They are gone!!  Luckily, I don't give up easily...I am determined to outsmart them at least once!
***
Some of the facts on this show are just amazing...Crows can remember your face and if you look scary to them, they will alert  all  crows in the area that you are in sight each and every time they see you... They talk to each other as a community and then quietly to one another...They change their flight patterns if a crow is killed in a field...They mate for life...You could not imagine how intelligent they  are... They can solve new problems quickly and cognitively...I was so mesmerized by this show. There are so many more interesting facts that would take me too long to write!  You get the picture, I really loved this show!!
Take Care,
Tina

6 comments:

Earlene said...

I saw it and it was very very interesting.
We have a crow family that comes year after year. They love to eat the pears off out tree
Crows are very smart.
Earlene

Ashley said...

Wish I had seen that show. Thanks for sharing!

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I saw this program. Learned a lot of things I did not know. We have a couple that come to our bird feeder and always stays on the ground after I scolded them for flying up on the feeder.

Theresa said...

Sounds like a very interesting show to watch...I'll have to see if I can't catch it on our PBS station.

Anonymous said...

Interesting facts...Maybe it will be on again but I love the idea that they mate for life.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Thanks for sharing! I love crows. We have a family that comes back every year to the church where I work. I didn't know they mate for life. Once in a while I'll catch one on the windowsill peering in, LOL ~*~Lisa