Wednesday, May 23, 2012

~Auction Fever~

 Greetings!! I just returned from another relaxing trip to Virginia to visit with family and to celebrate my baby girl Rebecca's twentieth birthday...I'm getting old!! I did slip away to a great estate auction while there and put up a fight- a bidding fight, that is, for a few goodies...I won this beautiful old oak writing desk...
 I love the inside with all of the little compartments and the beautiful old and worn wood ...I am debating on whether to paint it or just leave the wood showing with all of it's imperfections...
 The two crocks above are the main reason that I wanted to attend this auction and they were naturally kept until the end...The auctioneer started on the opposite end and it took awhile until he got around to them...But,
as you can see, I did snag some other treasures in between!! I just love the old beat up look...
I picked up a couple "lots" of odds and ends dishes and this little stool was in one ... Mama and I split up  the dishes once we went back home...However, this adorable little table top stool was my prize...Sometimes you have to take some "extras" in order to get what you really want...and sharing is the proper thing to do.
I had so much fun and can't wait to go to another auction!!
~Hoping you have a wonderful day~
Take Care,
Tina

4 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Looks like you got some treasures.We had a desk like that growing up.Mom kept the "important" stuff in it..Warm Blessings!~Amy

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Great finds!

Ronda said...

Wonderful!...Love the desk and crocks...time with family ~ priceless.

Earlene said...

I am drooling over those great crocks!
worth the wait!
Have a good weekend.
Earlene