Sunday, June 5, 2011

~ R and R ~





Last week was one of those weeks of going here, going there and doing this and doing that at a breakneck speed...Things have been very busy and very stressful...To add to all of this, my daughter (and baby) will be graduating from high school on Friday...tangent begins: It will be so strange next year to sleep a little longer every morning...I will truly miss having to get up at 6 a.m. and I'll be lost for awhile-end...This week will be spent getting things in order for the family's arrival...But I'll sneak a few minutes for myself here and there...

***

Today was spent in the attic doing patchwork...It was so relaxing to play around with the different colors and patterns... tangent begins: (We had a new JoAnns open here about a week ago...Boy, have I become a snob...I have had to do all my fabric shopping on the Internet since moving here and I have developed a strong fondness for Civil War fabrics from Judie Rothermel...Now, I turn my nose up at JoAnn's fabrics and come back home and get on the Internet!!! I never would've thought this of me, I used to be obsessed with JoAnns!!)-ends ... Anyway, piecing my Civil War fabrics was so calming...I can't wait to get back in the attic...soon!!

Take Care,

Tina

2 comments:

Beckyjean said...

Hi Tina~

I use Joanne fabrics for some of my doll clothing & for backing quilts. I hope I don't sound like a snob, but Joannes quality is not as nice as quilt shop fabrics. But, that is just my humble opinion. I also have a hard time finding fabrics that I like there. Love what you're working on.

Have a wonderful evening~Becky

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love Civil War fabrics - and loving your dear little quilt! Wish I could go up to the attic with you! (I was wondering how you ever found good fabric at Jo Ann's....now who sounds like a snob - and I'm not even a quilter!!) Your kitty is gorgeous!!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin