Friday, March 11, 2011

... Primitively Practical ...


I have been busy lately creating a few pincushions...I think they are so primitively simple... and in their heyday they were a very practical piece to have at your side... Sewing was probably long and tedious back then and quite frankly, it was probably a chore (unlike today)...I'm sure that back in the old days these little things were thrown together with whatever one had on hand... Today, however, much thought can be put into choosing the right fabric and aging it to perfection... Either way, in the end you have a quaint and plain little piece of art that serves a purpose for the primitive lover and the primitive seamstress... I will be listing a few on my website soon along with some never before seen primitive wares...stay tuned!

Take Care,
Tina

1 comment:

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Hi Tina, Your work is always lovely and these are no exception. :)
Rhonda