Friday, October 1, 2010

...Slow and Steady...




Even though it seems as if I'm moving at a snails pace, I am one step closer to putting together my first quilt ever...I have been wanting to make one for years and years but other things always seem more important...This year I have made it a goal...It has to be done by Thanksgiving to give as a Christmas present to my sweet mama...She has been asking and hinting for one for years...This year it has to be done!!! I do realize that this post will come back to haunt me if I fail to get it done ...but that won't happen!! You see the inner struggle that I go through? All I need to do now is layer it and quilt it...probably the "Quilt in a Day" way...I love Eleanor Burns!! *** I will post my finally finished quilt for everyone to see before Thanksgiving...promise...
***
I always have kitties follow me up into the attic when I sew...they are so content just looking out the window ...not a care in the world...
Take Care,
Tina

3 comments:

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

It's really lovely, and I like the color palette you chose. I too had been planning on making one for years. Finally did, with all the scraps I'd saved from making period clothing for people and dolls. Finally got it pieced, but have yet to back the darned thing. Someday.....

Beehive Needleworks said...

Beautiful work, and lovely colours Tina! Your mum will surely cherish such a heartfelt, handmade treasure!

Peaceful stitching...
Judy

from me to thee......... said...

be very proud !!! I have learned how to do many different forms of hand work, but, quilting I could never master, so I always appreciate a quilt, smiles, Linda