Wednesday, March 3, 2010

...An Obsession ...




It's a year later and the quilt I wanted to have finished for Christmas is still in the sewing room in pieces! I have started over on it twice changing the block sizes and trying to get better at cutting a straight line...You might laugh but I'm one of those people who can't draw a straight line (much less cut one) even if you gave me a ruler! This is my handicap...making each square the same size...Luckily, I don't give up too easily so I'm still piddling away at it ~ Trying to get it all pieced together soon. I chose a scrap quilt because I'm a closet fabriholic and I have so many fabrics it's not funny...Also, I like the colorful look when everything is thrown together...and it's very forgiving for someone like me!
***
One nice thing is I always have company when I go to my attic sewing room. The cats pop out of nowhere when they hear the door open. I made them a little bed near the window so that they can take a little nap and bask in the sun while I toil away...Oh, the life of a cat...eat, sleep and purr!!
Take Care,
Tina

1 comment:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Tina ~
I think your quilt is beautiful....
I love that your blocks are not all the same size, and that It's not perfect...it's not suppposed to be, and that's what gives us pleasure in making it!!!

I wish I were one of your cats!
oh to just eat, sleep & purrrrrr....

Blessings from the Farm,
Lori