Tuesday, January 12, 2010

...Working the Land...




Well, it's the beginning of a new year and time to clean and reorganize. After months of putting it off and making excuses, I finally hauled myself (and my son) outside to clean the backyard. We have a backyard that's more like a forest and by wintertime~ it's a mess!! There are too many trees back there and we have a couple of those extra tall Carolina pines to deal with... They drop lots of needles and make the task of raking a chore...We have another factor to deal with too...snakes!! I would not dare take on this task when the weather is warm...I like to get out there when I can see them first and they can't move too fast!!! This nice cold artic weather makes it safer to get out there and move things around...A chicken like me feels much safer!!
***
Today, I have been working on some bunnies and moving slowly...It usually takes me a couple days to recover. I don't want to say it's my age...there were more leaves this year...yeah, that's it!! Anyway, getting this behind me is such a relief. It will stay nice in the back until next fall...Thank Goodness!!
Take Care,
Tina


No comments: